Sunday, January 16, 2011

Older snippets

I've been tweeting and facebooking Emma's and our funny little interactions for a while before I started this blog. So here are some of the best of the last two years.




Emma: I like the beard on your chest, daddy.


Emma: (In the most melodramatic voice ever) I want strawberry milk. It's so red. And so, so beautiful!


Emma: 5:00am Quietly pads out of her bedroom, across the hall, into our bedroom. Climbs up to Carina's side of the bed in almost perfect silence. Lifts the covers to see Carina's face about 2 inches from her own and says, very loudly: 
I HAVE A SHEEP!


Emma: Happy youn years, Mommy. I'm a computer!


Emma: I want to play Scrabble, Daddy!
Mike: What's Scrabble, Emma?
Emma: I don't know what it is.



Emma: I want to be a butterfly. Here I go! I'm a butterfly!


Emma: "Look at me, Dad. I'm a costume!"


Carina: What's wrong with that plant?
Mike: It's molting.
Carina: It's a plant...



Mike: There are so many ways this could go all eggplant shaped.


Emma: Emma is ready to go!
Mike: And speaking in the third person, too!



Emma: I am a triangle.


Mike: (to Carina) That's quite a comment.
Emma: Comet? In the sky? (Raises her hands up above her head)



Emma: Pooping happens.


Mike: Emma, are you ready to read stories before bed?
Emma: I want to read about giant animal giants!



Mike: Emma, let's play Hide and Seek! Go hide and I'll come find you. Go hide while I count to ten. 
(Emma runs off excitedly to hide)
Mike: (Calling) 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10! Emma, ready or not, here I come. Emma where are you?
Emma: I'm in the kitchen!



Mike: Carina just used the words "pithy" and " zounds" in the space of two sentences. Seriously...


Mike: I think I need a job to pay for the things I want to get for my job.


Mike: Seriously, my students must think I have super-sonic hearing or am highly psychic, but really they are just LOUD and have no internal monologues.

No comments:

Post a Comment