I tried to learn about her day, but I've learned that it isn't only teenagers that won't talk about what they do in school. It was almost impossible to figure out what she did. But I scrounged these little tidbits...
- One of the girls in her class has the exact same lunchbox as she did. This apparently means they are now instant best friends.
- She has library on mondays!
- The librarian uses echoes as a classroom management tactic. Emma seemed to really like echoing with the librarian.
- Mrs. Zegarski, Emma's teacher, read her three books. One was about a mouse that went to school.
- Emma rode a bus for the first time today and she loved it. It was "really big." And she doesn't have to buckle herself in if she doesn't want to.
- Mrs. Zegarski wore green today; Emma's favorite color.
- Emma is not happy that she's not allowed to take her shoes or socks off in class.
- Raising your hand with a bent pointer finger means that you would like to go to the bathroom.
- The bathroom has two sinks, one on the outside and one on the inside. They are both small enough for her to use by herself!
- Emma was not happy that the day had to end and she can't wait to go back tomorrow.
|Today was Emma's first day of Kindergarten.|
|She was a little excited...|
|Posing with her new backpack.|
|Emma standing in line to be picked up at the end of the day.|
|She was NOT happy to see me. She didn't want to go home!|
|Inside Emma's big new school.|
|Outside Benjamin Franklin Elementary School!|
|C'mon Mom, let's go play!|